WordPress 3.9 is due for release in mid-April. While the RC 1 was released last week, we take a look at some improved / new exciting features of WordPress 3.9:
- Updated TinyMCE – The software powering the visual editor has been updated to 4.0 (latest version).
- Added widget management to live previews – You can now test editing, adding, and rearranging widgets.
- Ability to upload, crop, and manage header images, without needing to leave the preview.
- Drag-and-drop images – Now, you can drag drop images directly onto the editor to upload them.
- Improved image editing capabilities – Making changes to an image after inserting it into a post is lot easier now.
- New audio/video playlists feature – More details are awaited on this.
If you are the adventoures type soul, download and use WordPress Beta Tester plugin or you can download the release candidate (Zip version) and test it on a test site. Beware it’s not final version so using it on a production site may be dangerous.
2 thoughts on “New exciting changes in upcoming wordpress 3.9”
My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on various websites
for about a year and am concerned about switching
to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about blogengine. net.
Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it?
Any kind of help would be really appreciated!
I really enjoy looking at on this web site , it has got wonderful posts . “Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.” by Rudyard Kipling.